Sunday, November 20, 2011

Week 9 - PNL - My Kind of People

Another great idea hiding in plain sight - well, most savvy people knew it was there. I just hadn't connected the dots.
I have a Twitter, but I mostly use it for sports and news.
I have a wiki, but I have  only used it for teaching and this class.
I have an RSS, but mostly use it for soccer stories and am not connecting with the other feeds (except for our classroom blogs, of course).
I have a diigo, but haven't scratched the surface of its potential.
I have a little understanding of Google docs, but haven't tried anything with students.

I want to go the speed of the video above, but, realistically, two things jump out at me.
First, time is always an issue. I would love to spend all waking hours putting this puzzle together (not really), but there are other things in life. We can't deprive the professional athletes of an audience, can we?
Second, it's never going to be done! There will always be another piece to add, another connection to make.


So enough with the analogies. Time to get to work...would you like to be in my PLN?

No comments:

Post a Comment